Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Recap of the Week that was Christmas

Ok so, I am going to try to recap the week of Christmas and through in a few pictures for you. Anyone may feel free to interject corrections cause my mind is still a little mushed from 11.5 hours of Lord of the Rings.

Saturday Dec 19: (Yes it starts all the way back there) SNOW DAY. Jim and I met the Moss family in Idlewild for some fun in the snow and after a few very funny wipe outs and bruises I think we succeeded. Because disking just isn't fun unless there is a big jump and the end of the run...
Sunday December 20th, big dinner with the Kinney's after going to church with Mom and Dad Kinney. It was the Ward Christmas Program and guess who accompanied Shannon, it was nice to have to opportunity to play again, it's driving me crazy not having a piano right now.

Skip to Wednesday now, Christmas eve at Oma's house which also happens to be where we are living right now. Thanks Oma! Oma had jury duty in the morning, this was followed by rain and Jim and I not making it to the deli before it closed, subsequently not getting the Italian sandwiches for dinner. But in the end we really had a nice Christmas Eve, Jim's family is wonderful. We had a great dinner, we read Luke 2, and opened a few gifts. Watching Jim's young cousins excitedly show off their new toys to everyone was definitely a highlight of the evening.

Alright making some headway now, Christmas Day! Jim and I wake up and make a pretty extravagant breakfast before heading back down to the homeland (Murrieta). It's the Kinney's home again. Homemade tamales :-) and a small gift exchange, Jim and I walked away with a 7ft basketball arcade game, in my book infinitely better than any Foosball table. Where it's going we have no idea.

Alright stayed in Murrieta in order to trek down with my parents to the Gardner Family get together. More homemade tamales, Southern California is awesome!

Finally, stayed in Murrieta and finished it all off with a Saturday of World of Warcraft at the Schiess'

1 comment:

  1. I think you guys have more pictures of the fun we have had together up on your blog ten we do... Pretty sad on my part, pretty cool on your part. I like the picture of mikayla and jim (you guys are sooooo in denile).

    ReplyDelete